The Fund's philosophy is to offer competitive, diversified core fixed-income returns through actively managed investments in fixed income securities. All of the securities in this fund are subject to comprehensive ESG criteria, with a portion categorized as Proactive Social Investments.* The strategy:
- Provides diversified fixed-income exposure and may be used as a U.S. core fixed-income allocation in a model portfolio.
- Focuses primarily on undervalued, investment-grade securities and seeks to add value through duration and yield-curve positioning, sector allocation and security selection.
- Applies ESG criteria, which can serve to drive performance, manage risk and uncover opportunity.
- Includes an allocation to PSI to help provide competitive risk-adjusted returns through fixed-income investments that have direct and measurable environmental or societal outcomes.
- Maintains a portfolio with higher ESG performance quality than its benchmark.
*The allocation to proactive social investments (PSI) seeks to identify compelling investment opportunities with an emphasis on competitive, risk-adjusted return potential and clear and measurable social and/or environmental benefits. These investments are made in public fixed-income securities.