To download your account transaction with Quicken for Mac, you must have Internet access. In addition, to complete setting up your Quicken accounts with transaction download you will need to log into your account.
Quicken for Mac does not:
As a result, you will need to have your account balances available from a prior point in time. You can get this information from your Quarterly Review.
The “as of” date on your statement will be your starting point for the download from the TIAA-CREF website. Once you accept all transactions into Quicken, you’ll enter a manual balance adjustment (explained in Step 2), adding all balance information from this date.
1. Check for the latest program updates
From the Quicken menu, select Check for Updates and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Set up a Quicken Account and download transactions for the first time
The following steps explain how to create a new Quicken account for Web Connect online access.
A. In Quicken, create a new file to accept account information.
B. Log into your TIAA-CREF account.
C. Return to Quicken.
* Note: You only need to select the account for this first download. After the account is activated for Web Connect account access, future downloads will download to this account automatically.
D. Go to Quicken’s Register.
Quicken for Mac displays Cash Balance for every transaction in the register. It summarizes Cash Balance for all transactions to display its own register balance. This information (Quicken for Mac register Balance) can be eliminated by adding one offsetting transaction to the Quicken for Mac register.
3. Download Data to Your Existing Quicken Account
4. Work with Your Downloaded Transactions
5. TIAA Traditional Account Holders
Quicken for Mac does not calculate interest earned. Therefore, you will need to create an interest adjustment in your register as part of each download, as follows:
Quicken Frequently Asked Questions